all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Recording of FOSDEM 2022 videos are now available to view online
@ 2022-02-14 10:32 Oliver Propst
From: Oliver Propst @ 2022-02-14 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Here is just a brief note about that most of the FOSDEM 2022 videos are
now available online to view here [0] for those who is interested to
have a look at them (something which I think you absolutely should be if
you are interested and have a passion for Guix and open source
computing).

FOSDEM 2022 which despite taken place entirely online this year can
properly be considered as a great success for the Guix project and the
Declarative and Minimalistic Computing devroom as we had so many cool
people both attending and presenting at the event.

I think further that the videos from FOSDEM 2022 are a true testament to
the love and care the people who took time to present at FOSDEM 2022
feel for free and open source computing and the Guix project in general
for that matter in this for many people difficult and *challenging times
we live in.

Anyways here's to hopefully many more years of love and passion for the
advancement of Guix [1] and free and open source computing.

*which for me and maybe others can work as a motivating factor to work
for and push for doing the right thing and pushing technology in the
"right" proper direction (which it feels like the Guix project is all to
me basically).

*I can mention that I almost got tears in my eyes when I this weekend
read about Tobias Platens efforts of including Veloren, a game written
in Rust for Guix (how cool is not that?). See this mail [2] for more
details about Tobias work and efforts.

0.
https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/track/declarative_and_minimalistic_computing/
1. https://guix.gnu.org/
2. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-02/msg00118.html

*If the situation with regards to Covid the pandemic improves I think
there is a a decent possibility about that FOSDEM 2023 could be an
in-person event and that people are allowed to meet physically in larger
groups again.

--
Kinds regards Oliver Propst
https://twitter.com/Opropst

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-02-14 10:34 UTC | newest]