all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* i3-sensible-terminal : error ,
@ 2019-07-24 16:44 Pirboazo
From: Pirboazo @ 2019-07-24 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi all

I install Guix-SD on VM so i want to use I3 .

the Defaut terminal i3-sensible-terminal can't to launch....
i3-sensible-terminal seemto be terminator.

Message error

Ii i start gnome wm ,terminator work well.

At the moment  i have change the i3-sensible-terminal by gnome-terminal
in config file.

What is false ?

Pierre

* Re: i3-sensible-terminal : error ,
@ 2019-07-24 19:33 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2019-07-24 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Pirboazo,

Pirboazo 写道:
> i3-sensible-terminal seemto be terminator.

Yes, although it's nothing magical.  i3-sensible-terminal is a
simple bash script that searches $PATH for a hard coded list of
common terminals [in an order that probably everyone disagrees
with :-)].  ‘terminator’ is bizarrely high on that list.

It first tries $TERMINAL, so if you disagree with the order and
don't want to uninstall anything, you can set that to your
favourite.

However, to get to your actual bug…

> Message error

Please always paste the actual error in such cases.  It's
impossible to help you without knowing more.

Luckily, I also use i3 (and sometimes terminator), and when I run
‘terminator’ in a minimal environment here I get:

  (..terminator-real-real:30056): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 21:21:55.259:
  Settings schema 'org.gnome.desktop.interface' is not installed

I've added these schemas as a dependency of terminator on master.
If this is the error you were seeing, a ‘guix pull’ and package
update should fix it.  If you don't want to pull now, installing
‘gsettings-desktop-schemas’ will have the same effect.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: i3-sensible-terminal : error ,