unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Flickering XWayland programs after resume from suspend
@ 2021-02-25  1:07 Sébastien Lerique
From: Sébastien Lerique @ 2021-02-25  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear all,

I use SDDM and Sway, and since a couple weeks I experience a bug
where several programs start flickering after I resume from
suspend, to a point that they are unusable. This happens at least
on Emacs and Firefox (I admit I haven't tested on IceCat), happens
in both Sway and Gnome on Wayland, and does not happen in Gnome on
X11. Which makes me think it is related to XWayland.

On Emacs, some select letters (often 'o') are not rendered. Parts
of the windows are not refreshed when other parts are updated.
Logging out (to SDDM) and back in fixes the issue.

Has anyone been experiencing this? I'm not sure how to start
troubleshooting, or what channels to use to explore this. Any help
will be much appreciated!

Best,
Sébastien