unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Stumpwm & using Lisp in guix - particularly quicklisp
@ 2022-12-24  9:45 Paul Jewell via
From: Paul Jewell via @ 2022-12-24  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Good morning Guix,

I have a working stumpwm config which I use on my desktop gentoo
installation, and I want to use the same configuration file under guix.
Unfortunately I run into a problem as when stumpwm starts, it complains
it can't find package "ql". Quicklisp is installed in my user home
directory, but this is clearly not being seen by stumpwm. I also note
that packages I can install through quicklisp are also packaged in guix
(e.g. alexandria). When I start sbcl in a terminal, everything works as
expected, and quicklisp is seen.

This leads me to some questions:

  * How do I configure stumpwm on my system so it looks in my home
    directory, and observes my .sbclrc file when starting?
  * What is the guix recommended way for working with lisp packages?
    Should I avoid using quicklisp, and instead use the provided
    packages in guix? I am unable to find any documentation (either
    official or blog posts etc) explaining this.

Many thanks!