unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Guix on Smartphones
@ 2021-01-16 14:54 Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli
From: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli @ 2021-01-16 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Good January Guixers!
I write you regarding a curiosity related to the mobile arena.
I was trying to discover an overview of the present requirements to
achieve a Guix System version for smartphones, so i was wondering if
the following were the main points needed for:

a) Hardware:
- ARM architecture (i suppose also Risc-V will be popular)
- Open Source firmware for included components (Wifi, Modem, GPS,..)*
*if there are firmware blobs, they can  be considered safe once they're
properly isolated ?

b) Software Stack:
- reading PureOS experience, they were able to integrate
  existing software which runs fine on both Desktop and Mobile formats
- KDE Neon ?

As you can see, my main question is about a big-picture on having the
chance to run Guix System with GNU/Linux mobile libre-apps/tools on
top.

Cheers,
have a happy hacking,
Matias