unofficial mirror of guix-science@gnu.org
* Installing python-tensorflow using Substitute
@ 2024-04-16 19:40 Zain Jabbar
From: Zain Jabbar @ 2024-04-16 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-science

Aloha Guix Science,

Request: I would like to install `python-tensorflow`.

Possible Solution: I would like to use the substitute available on the
`guix.bordeaux.inria.fr` server. According to `guix weather
python-tensorflow` and this link:

https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/build/678221/details

I believe that after authenticating the key to the server and adding
the server url to the list of substitutes I should be ready to use the
substitutes.

Weird Issues with Manual Compilation: I have not been successful in
building the program on my machine. While compiling, Guix / Bazel will
crash at random points during the compilation process. I know it is
not consistent by scanning the logs and seeing different numbers
`[X/Y]` when it crashes. I do not think this is an issue with the
package definition as the servers are building the program just fine.
I have lost track of the error logs, but I also do not think they are
very relevant because of this randomness.

Extra Information: Forgive me if this counts as an advertisement on
the mailing list, but here is my guix channel which I pull from to
update my configuration.

https://github.com/Zaijab/guix-channel

The main part that is relevant is this directory:

https://github.com/Zaijab/guix-channel/blob/main/zaijab/systems/based-system.scm

Which defines the system I use (variable is `tao-operating-system`). I
believe by doing a system reconfigure and restarting would properly
use the substitutes from the server. I notice guix checking the
substitutes at `https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr` when running `guix
pull` and the like.

Please let me know how I can give further information and better
format my inquiry.

--
Mahalo,
Zain Jabbar