unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com>
Cc: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>,
	"Steve George" <steve@futurile.net>,
	"Josselin Poiret" <dev@jpoiret.xyz>,
	"Guix Devel" <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Status of ‘core-updates’
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:20:46 +0300	[thread overview]

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 01:47:49PM -0400, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Steve George <steve@futurile.net> skribis:
> >
> >> On 10 Apr, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >> (...)
> >>
> >> This sounds like something I can do:
> >>
> >> - track changes (in branch)
> >> - co-ordinate blocking issues (in bug system)
> >> - co-ordinate with people doing the actual work :-P
> >> - send (periodic) weekly emails
> >> - encourage shipping by minimising scope creep ;-)
> >
> > Awesome, thanks for volunteering!
> >
> >> Sounds like there's already agreement to revert the 'pkgconf' change
> >> and push a new branch without them which becomes
> >> 'core-updates'. Josselin on IRC I had the impression you were
> >> working on that?
> >
> > I’m not sure what the situation is (I see Maxim just pushed changes on
> > top of current ‘core-updates’, so maybe it’s OK?).
>
> Since branches were merged in, I believe the problem we are facing at
> the moment is librsvg failing its test suite with a segfault (!).  Could
> be the glibc upgrade, or rust itself, I'm not sure.  I was trying to
> upgrade librsvg, which needs an update anyway, but it pulls many rust
> crates updates.  I'll get there eventually, if nobody beats me to it.

I personally think getting librsvg updated will be easier on the
rust-team branch than on the core-updates branch, since there have been
many commits to the rust-team branch that haven't yet been merged into
master.

Assuming that now that the cairo upgrade to 1.18 was what was holding
back the librsvg upgrade, I can get librsvg up to a newer version and
then submit it for a merge.  Overall the branch should be in fairly good
shape.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא