unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Internship coordination status report
@ 2023-02-24 18:21 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2023-02-24 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hello Guix,

Here follows a short summary on where we are regarding the internship
programs.

GSoC:

This year the GNU Project was applying again for GSoC, and
we got the word yesterday that the GNU Project was accepted.

Thanks to Jose E. Marches for taking care of this.

This basically means that we should have a look at our ideas page,
and run a quick health check on the proposals, enriching them with
the following information where needed:

(quoted from the mail on the summer of code list)
  + Title, and description.
  + Skills required.
  + A mentor with an email address.
  + Whether it is a 175 hour or a 350 hour project.
  + Difficulty: easy, medium or hard.
  + CLEAR contact method for interested students.

From now to March 19, be ready to be contacted by contributors, in
whatever contact means you specified in your ideas page.  Starting in
March 20, contributors will start submitting their proposals through the
program website.
(end quote)

Next week I am on holiday, so I asked Pjotr Prins to take over the initial
coordination tasks until I am back on 6th of March, 2023.
Outreachy:

Coming up with a working solution for funding here is far from trivial.
Thanks to Andreas Enge and Simon Touriner now all stakeholders are involved
and
we are working on a solution. I don't want to bore the list with the details
here, and I will send an update once we have an agreement on how to
handle it.

Thanks to everyone who is helping this effort.

Best regards,
g_bor