unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Cuirass exposes evaluation logs
@ 2019-10-23 16:26 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-10-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hello Guix!

Good news everyone!  Cuirass now keeps logs of evaluations and exposes
them over HTTP!  So when an evaluation fails, you can now click on the
red cross to peek at the log.  More generally, you can view an
evaluation log by going to:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/ID/log/raw

where ID is the numerical ID of the evaluation.

Logs are available only for evaluations performed after like, now.
They’re stored gzipped in /var/log/cuirass.

(Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous that we’ve had to make do without this
feature for so long, but at least now you no longer need to ask someone
with SSH access to berlin to parse /var/log/cuirass.log in search of
hints.  :-))

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

* Re: Cuirass exposes evaluation logs
@ 2019-10-24 15:36 ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2019-10-24 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey Ludo,

> (Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous that we’ve had to make do without this
> feature for so long, but at least now you no longer need to ask someone
> with SSH access to berlin to parse /var/log/cuirass.log in search of
> hints.  :-))

That's really nice, thank you! There's also the case of evaluations that
take forever (when making big changes in core-updates for instance),
and eventually fail. I hope we will be able to understand why with this
new feedback.

Thanks,

Mathieu

* Re: Cuirass exposes evaluation logs
@ 2019-10-27 18:31 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2019-10-27 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix Devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
> Good news everyone!  Cuirass now keeps logs of evaluations and exposes
> them over HTTP!  So when an evaluation fails, you can now click on the
> red cross to peek at the log.

This will be very helpful, thank you!

       Mark