unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Temporarily stepping back from Guix
@ 2021-06-28 15:58 Kei Kebreau
From: Kei Kebreau @ 2021-06-28 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello all,

FYI, I'll be turning in my commit access this week! I'm caught in the
middle of many different transition periods in my life and will be
taking some time away from the GNU Guix project as a result. Perhaps in
the mid-term future (a year or so?) I'll be able to return, but for now,
as a matter of security, I'm backing away. I'll still be using Guix and
admiring all the great progress we have made and will make in the
future! This project has been a great introduction to the world of free
software, and I hope to work with you all again sooner rather than later.

Thanks as always,

Kei

* Re: Temporarily stepping back from Guix
@ 2021-06-28 19:22 ` Efraim Flashner
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2021-06-28 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kei Kebreau; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 03:58:05PM +0000, Kei Kebreau wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> FYI, I'll be turning in my commit access this week! I'm caught in the middle
> of many different transition periods in my life and will be taking some time
> away from the GNU Guix project as a result. Perhaps in the mid-term future
> (a year or so?) I'll be able to return, but for now, as a matter of
> security, I'm backing away. I'll still be using Guix and admiring all the
> great progress we have made and will make in the future! This project has
> been a great introduction to the world of free software, and I hope to work
> with you all again sooner rather than later.
>

> Thanks as always,
>
> Kei

I'm sorry to see you go and wish you the best. I do hope you find your
way back eventually!

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Temporarily stepping back from Guix
@ 2021-06-28 23:43 ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2021-06-28 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kei Kebreau; +Cc: guix-devel

All the best, Kei :)

* Re: Temporarily stepping back from Guix
@ 2021-06-29  2:01 ` Chris Lemmer-Webber
From: Chris Lemmer-Webber @ 2021-06-29  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kei Kebreau; +Cc: guix-devel

Good luck!  Thank you and well wishes!  I hope whatever is ahead for you
is exciting, and that we get to see you around here more too :)

Kei Kebreau writes:

> Hello all,
>

> FYI, I'll be turning in my commit access this week! I'm caught in the
> middle of many different transition periods in my life and will be
> taking some time away from the GNU Guix project as a result. Perhaps
> in the mid-term future (a year or so?) I'll be able to return, but for
> now, as a matter of security, I'm backing away. I'll still be using
> Guix and admiring all the great progress we have made and will make in
> the future! This project has been a great introduction to the world of
> free software, and I hope to work with you all again sooner rather
> than later.
>

> Thanks as always,
>
> Kei

* Re: Temporarily stepping back from Guix
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-06-29  3:56 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2021-06-29  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kei Kebreau; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Kei,

Kei Kebreau <kkebreau@posteo.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>

> FYI, I'll be turning in my commit access this week! I'm caught in the
> middle of many different transition periods in my life and will be
> taking some time away from the GNU Guix project as a result. Perhaps
> in the mid-term future (a year or so?) I'll be able to return, but for
> now, as a matter of security, I'm backing away. I'll still be using
> Guix and admiring all the great progress we have made and will make in
> the future! This project has been a great introduction to the world of
> free software, and I hope to work with you all again sooner rather
> than later.

Thank you for your diligence!  I wish you the best of luck with the new
challenges life has brought up to you.

Have fun, and know that we'll be happy to have you back if you ever miss
the good hack! :-).

Thanks,

Maxim