unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-12 20:46 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-05-12 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello!

I would be grateful if people could contribute a bunch of screenshots of
current master in the spirit of those found at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/screenshots/0.8/>, but rather using
Xfce this time (it has to be clear that it’s GuixSD running.)

Those who have commit access are welcome to commit directly to
screenshots/0.8.2 in the CVS web page repo.

Any takers?

Ludo’, hopeful.  :-)

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-12 21:55 ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-12 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-05-12 17:46, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would be grateful if people could contribute a bunch of screenshots
> of
> current master in the spirit of those found at
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/screenshots/0.8/>, but rather using
> Xfce this time (it has to be clear that it’s GuixSD running.)
>
> Those who have commit access are welcome to commit directly to
> screenshots/0.8.2 in the CVS web page repo.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Ludo’, hopeful.  :-)
My Guix desktop with XFCE :)

I'll try send my screenshot.

Thanks for great work!
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

[-- Attachment #2: guix_xfce.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 323319 bytes --]

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-13  7:53   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-05-13  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> My Guix desktop with XFCE :)

I’ve added it, thanks!

Ludo’.

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-13 11:44 ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2015-05-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I would be grateful if people could contribute a bunch of screenshots of
> current master in the spirit of those found at
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/screenshots/0.8/>, but rather using
> Xfce this time (it has to be clear that it’s GuixSD running.)
Here are my screenshot running GNOME Mines and Emacs in Xfce.

How to show I'm under GuixSD clearly?

[-- Attachment #2: screenshot.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 76839 bytes --]

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-13 13:29   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-05-13 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-05-13 08:44, 宋文武 wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I would be grateful if people could contribute a bunch of screenshots
>> of
>> current master in the spirit of those found at
>> <http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/screenshots/0.8/>, but rather using
>> Xfce this time (it has to be clear that it’s GuixSD running.)
> Here are my screenshot running GNOME Mines and Emacs in Xfce.
>
> How to show I'm under GuixSD clearly?
Beautiful desktop ivyz, congratulation.
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-13 16:55   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-05-13 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel

宋文武 <iyzsong@gmail.com> skribis:

> Here are my screenshot running GNOME Mines and Emacs in Xfce.

Nice!

> How to show I'm under GuixSD clearly?

Perhaps with a ‘guix package’ command in a terminal, or M-x
guix-something in Emacs, or ‘deco status dmd’ in a terminal, something
like that.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-14  2:25     ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2015-05-14  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> 宋文武 <iyzsong@gmail.com> skribis:
>
>> Here are my screenshot running GNOME Mines and Emacs in Xfce.
>
> Nice!
>
>> How to show I'm under GuixSD clearly?
>
> Perhaps with a ‘guix package’ command in a terminal, or M-x
> guix-something in Emacs, or ‘deco status dmd’ in a terminal, something
> like that.
OK, updated:

[-- Attachment #2: screenshot.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 75409 bytes --]

> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-14 14:14       ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2015-05-14 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel

宋文武 writes:

> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> 宋文武 <iyzsong@gmail.com> skribis:
>>
>>> Here are my screenshot running GNOME Mines and Emacs in Xfce.
>>
>> Nice!
>>
>>> How to show I'm under GuixSD clearly?
>>
>> Perhaps with a ‘guix package’ command in a terminal, or M-x
>> guix-something in Emacs, or ‘deco status dmd’ in a terminal, something
>> like that.
>
> OK, updated:

The update looks good in terms of what it shows, but I really much
preferred the theme of the previous screenshot... it looked less plain
and meshed nicely with the new guixsd site!

* Re: Call for screenshots
@ 2015-05-15  1:32         ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2015-05-15  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: guix-devel

Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> 宋文武 writes:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>>> 宋文武 <iyzsong@gmail.com> skribis:

>>> Nice!

>>> Perhaps with a ‘guix package’ command in a terminal, or M-x
>>> guix-something in Emacs, or ‘deco status dmd’ in a terminal, something
>>> like that.
>>
>> OK, updated:
>
> The update looks good in terms of what it shows, but I really much
> preferred the theme of the previous screenshot... it looked less plain
> and meshed nicely with the new guixsd site!
Yes, I totaly agree.

But currently to use a GTK+ theme require user to set 'GTK_EXE_PREFIX'
and 'GTK_DATA_PREFIX' to '/run/current-system/profile' manually.
(I'd like to change this soon..)

So it's not the default look-and-feel :-)