unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* inclusion of openrc init file
@ 2016-03-30 21:22 Nils Gillmann
From: Nils Gillmann @ 2016-03-30 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I am currently working on final debugging of Guix for Gentoo,
I might have a OpenRC initsystem file for Guix (to be included,
like the systemd one), but I can only test it when I have both -
guix and guix-binary - fixed and running a succesful guix pull.
The init file works, but there are last issues with getting guix
to run completely.

As soon as I could test that it works I would create a patch
which adds the openrc initfile to guix master.

The Guix for Gentoo will be available via the Gentoo overlay
which is visible at www.psyced.org/downloads (if I got the url
right) and which will soon be mirror at libertad.pw + its onion
service.

--
ng
personal contact: http://krosos.sdf.org

* Re: inclusion of openrc init file
@ 2016-03-30 21:55 ` Nils Gillmann
From: Nils Gillmann @ 2016-03-30 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

The only problem with the succesful building source version of
Guix is, that guix pull works, up to the point where workers
would be called, and for this small error message

guix package: error: build failed: the build users group
`guixbuild' has no members

I have more than enough logs now. Irritating is that the users
are created, they are in the group and the openrc service has the
right parameters.

Maybe someone has ideas for how to fix it, otherwise i'll just
try debugging this on low priority until I find a solution.
I can append or link to thousands of lines of debug output from
todays session if someone wants to look into it.