unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* #guix logs no longer updated
@ 2019-04-06 20:58 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2019-04-06 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

Guix, Ricardo,

Someone in #guix noticed a thing:

  <puoxond> There are no logs for this channel after 2019-04-04.

And it's true[1].  Did a bot die?

Kind regards,

T G-R

[1]: https://bayfront.guixsd.org/.well-known/logs/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: #guix logs no longer updated
@ 2019-04-06 21:12 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-04-06 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Tobias,

> Someone in #guix noticed a thing:
>
>  <puoxond> There are no logs for this channel after 2019-04-04.
>
> And it's true[1].  Did a bot die?

This coincided with the reconfiguration of bayfront.  The logger is
really just znc held together with duct tape and chewing gum.  It’s
working again.  Sorry.

--
Ricardo

* Re: #guix logs no longer updated
@ 2019-04-08 15:19   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-04-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hello!

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> This coincided with the reconfiguration of bayfront.  The logger is
> really just znc held together with duct tape and chewing gum.  It’s
> working again.  Sorry.

Here’s a mission for you, dear reader: write a service that starts znc,
with suitably posed duct tape and chewing gum, and modify
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfront.scm>
so that it’s automatically started.

You will be rewarded with fault-tolerant IRC logging.

:-)

Ludo’.

* Re: #guix logs no longer updated
@ 2019-04-08 19:59     ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice