unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]
@ 2020-02-13 19:37 Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2020-02-13 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

It's February 14, I Love Free Software Day[1]. Instead of the usual bug
report, feature request or some other form of complaint, today I would
like to show some gratitude. :-) I wish to thank the Guix community for
pouring so much of their free time into making Guix as great as it is
today.

I would like to thank the Guix community for being a warm and welcoming
crowd. I joined the community as a newbie who knew very little. And, if
I have stayed this long, it is only because of the friendly and amicable
culture of the Guix community.

I want to thank our packagers who take on the enormous task of packaging
all known software in the universe and the often Sisyphean task of
maintaining all those packages. Even more so, I would like to thank our
selfless patch reviewers who take on the unglamorous work of reviewing
the ever increasing torrent of patches Guix receives these days.

Hope to meet you all in person some day! :-)

Thank you!
Arun.

[1]: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]
@ 2020-02-14  7:29 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-02-14  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac, guix-devel

Thank you Arun, thank you everyone, thank you Guix!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

@ 2020-02-14 15:58 ` Katherine Cox-Buday
From: Katherine Cox-Buday @ 2020-02-14 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It's February 14, I Love Free Software Day[1]. Instead of the usual bug
> report, feature request or some other form of complaint, today I would
> like to show some gratitude. :-) I wish to thank the Guix community for
> pouring so much of their free time into making Guix as great as it is
> today.
>
> I would like to thank the Guix community for being a warm and welcoming
> crowd. I joined the community as a newbie who knew very little. And, if
> I have stayed this long, it is only because of the friendly and amicable
> culture of the Guix community.
>
> I want to thank our packagers who take on the enormous task of packaging
> all known software in the universe and the often Sisyphean task of
> maintaining all those packages. Even more so, I would like to thank our
> selfless patch reviewers who take on the unglamorous work of reviewing
> the ever increasing torrent of patches Guix receives these days.
>
> Hope to meet you all in person some day! :-)
>
> Thank you!
> Arun.
>
> [1]: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/

Here, here! Thank you to all involved in Guix. The time I am able to
contribute back ebbs and flows, but I find myself continually
appreciating the effort, kindness, and thought everyone puts into the
project.

Thank you all!

--
Katherine

* Re: Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]
@ 2020-02-14 17:27   ` Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2020-02-14 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Katherine Cox-Buday writes:

> Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's February 14, I Love Free Software Day[1]. Instead of the usual bug
>> report, feature request or some other form of complaint, today I would
>> like to show some gratitude. :-) I wish to thank the Guix community for
>> pouring so much of their free time into making Guix as great as it is
>> today.
>>
>> I would like to thank the Guix community for being a warm and welcoming
>> crowd. I joined the community as a newbie who knew very little. And, if
>> I have stayed this long, it is only because of the friendly and amicable
>> culture of the Guix community.
>>
>> I want to thank our packagers who take on the enormous task of packaging
>> all known software in the universe and the often Sisyphean task of
>> maintaining all those packages. Even more so, I would like to thank our
>> selfless patch reviewers who take on the unglamorous work of reviewing
>> the ever increasing torrent of patches Guix receives these days.
>>
>> Hope to meet you all in person some day! :-)
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Arun.
>>
>> [1]: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/
>>

> Here, here! Thank you to all involved in Guix. The time I am able to
> contribute back ebbs and flows, but I find myself continually
> appreciating the effort, kindness, and thought everyone puts into the
> project.
>
> Thank you all!

Likewise!  Guix remains one of my favorite communities in free software.

* Re: Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]
@ 2020-02-24 17:04 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-02-24 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi!

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> It's February 14, I Love Free Software Day[1]. Instead of the usual bug
> report, feature request or some other form of complaint, today I would
> like to show some gratitude. :-) I wish to thank the Guix community for
> pouring so much of their free time into making Guix as great as it is
> today.

Hey, it’s not longer that day, but I second you: I find the people here
make a big difference by being so kind and helpful.  Thumbs up!  :-)

I hope more of us can meet in real life in future events!

Ludo’.