unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Changing HTTP proxy settings in GuixSD
@ 2017-10-26 13:21 Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2017-10-26 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone else has had the problem I describe below and knows a
solution.

I am running GuixSD in a virtual machine on a laptop that I use in
different network environments. One of them requires the use of a HTTP
proxy, direct accesses being blocked. As a consequence, the Guix build
daemon fails when downloading anything.

After reading the manual, I come to the conclusion that the only way to
change the HTTP proxy settings for the build daemon is via
(guix-configuration ...), which requires to do "guix system reconfigure".
Unfortunately that command fails because it tries to download stuff (no
idea why, BTW, I didn't do a "guix pull" since I last used it) and
fails. It looks like I'd have to reconfigure while I am still in a
working network environment, meaning I'd have to anticipate switching
networks, which I can't.

More generally, it would be nice to have to be able to change network
settings without reconfiguring and rebooting. But at first, I'd be happy
if I could get my system to work at all.

Any ideas?

Konrad.