unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* okay to merge rekados-rust-queue branch?
@ 2022-08-30 20:41 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-08-30 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

I have a small branch with minor Rust package upgrades.  I successfully
built icecat on that branch and the failing rust-* packages seen in the
latest builds at https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/rekados-rust-queue seem
to be broken on the master branch as well.

Would it be okay to merge this branch?

I’m asking because the cargo-build-system makes it difficult to see how
upgrades affect other packages, so building things on ci.guix.gnu.org
and locally is the only way I can verify that the changes aren’t
catastrophic.

I’d like to merge this soon while the successful builds are fresh.

--
Ricardo

* Re: okay to merge rekados-rust-queue branch?
@ 2022-09-02 14:16 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-09-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> I have a small branch with minor Rust package upgrades.  I successfully
> built icecat on that branch and the failing rust-* packages seen in the
> latest builds at https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/rekados-rust-queue seem
> to be broken on the master branch as well.
>
> Would it be okay to merge this branch?
>
> I’m asking because the cargo-build-system makes it difficult to see how
> upgrades affect other packages, so building things on ci.guix.gnu.org
> and locally is the only way I can verify that the changes aren’t
> catastrophic.
>
> I’d like to merge this soon while the successful builds are fresh.

I guess that as long as there are no big regressions on ci.guix compared
to the starting point in ‘master’, that should be fine.

Normally we should be able to compare the status of both branches with:

  https://data.guix.gnu.org/compare?base_commit=b594c7354ce1daedecb3310b55817b69e90adbe9&target_commit=9ea5ebb9b1f393abba81e90d33ccc0da97f47032&locale=en_US.UTF-8

However, it seems that data.guix hasn’t processed the new branch.

Ludo’.

* Re: okay to merge rekados-rust-queue branch?
@ 2022-09-09 15:41   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-09-09 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

>> I’d like to merge this soon while the successful builds are fresh.
>
> I guess that as long as there are no big regressions on ci.guix compared
> to the starting point in ‘master’, that should be fine.

Thanks for confirming.

I have since merged the branch and addressed unexpected breakage
(specific to how Rust packages are built).

--
Ricardo