unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Felix Lechner via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution." <guix-devel@gnu.org>
To: Tomas Volf <~@wolfsden.cz>, guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How/where/when to ask for a patch review?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 19:22:49 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Tomas,

On Sat, Jan 06 2024, Tomas Volf wrote:

> what is the proper channel to ask for a patch review and how long
> should one wait before doing so.

Please don't waste your time waiting. The process of patch review and
acceptance here is erratic. I won't go into reasons; the project
understands the problem and is trying several solutions but I'm not sure
they are working. Please go ahead and maintain your own fork of Guix.

They will take what they want.

> PS: This patch being ignored was the last push I needed to start my personal
>     fork

This one? [1]

> I would like to diverge as little as possible.

No chance. I run about a hundred patches on top of stock and build half
of all packages myself (mainly due to a defective eudev in Guix). In
another month, I'll be at two hundred.

Again, they will take what they want. Please don't wait. It's an
unreasonable expectation vis-a-vis the group.

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67546