unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Call for API feedback on Guile-GnuTLS updates
@ 2023-07-22  7:58 Simon Josefsson via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
From: Simon Josefsson via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2023-07-22  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

We've made a beta release of guile-gnutls with a bunch of new APIs and
I'd like to declare this stable eventually, but more review and feedback
on the recent changes would be appreciated.  See announcement here:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2023-July/004833.html

I suppose that Guix is the main target audience for Guile-GnuTLS, and
perhaps not everyone here is following our release announcements, so I
thought I'd give this mailing list a heads up before the stable release.
I'm happy to take feedback on the mailing list here, or filed as GitLab
issues.

Thanks to Vivien Kraus, David Thompson, Christopher Baines, and others
who have been working on guile-gnutls recently.

/Simon

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Call for API feedback on Guile-GnuTLS updates
@ 2023-08-16 14:11 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-08-16 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Josefsson via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
  Cc: Simon Josefsson

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the late reply!

Simon Josefsson via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System
distribution." <guix-devel@gnu.org> skribis:

> We've made a beta release of guile-gnutls with a bunch of new APIs and
> I'd like to declare this stable eventually, but more review and feedback
> on the recent changes would be appreciated.  See announcement here:
>
> https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2023-July/004833.html
>
> I suppose that Guix is the main target audience for Guile-GnuTLS, and
> perhaps not everyone here is following our release announcements, so I
> thought I'd give this mailing list a heads up before the stable release.
> I'm happy to take feedback on the mailing list here, or filed as GitLab
> issues.

I think Guix proper wouldn’t use the new X.509 certificate interfaces
(the main user of those is Spritely Goblins), but what I saw looks good
to me.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ludo’.

* Re: Call for API feedback on Guile-GnuTLS updates
@ 2023-08-17  9:32   ` Simon Josefsson via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
From: Simon Josefsson via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2023-08-17  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel