unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* succeeding job marked as failed
@ 2015-01-24 15:59 Federico Beffa
From: Federico Beffa @ 2015-01-24 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

The following job, according to the log, appears to have succeeded. In
spite of this it is listed under failed jobs.

http://hydra.gnu.org/build/216896

I'm wondering about the reason.

Regards,
Fede

* Re: succeeding job marked as failed
@ 2015-01-24 16:34 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-01-24 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Beffa; +Cc: Guix-devel

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 04:59:31PM +0100, Federico Beffa wrote:
> The following job, according to the log, appears to have succeeded. In
> spite of this it is listed under failed jobs.
> http://hydra.gnu.org/build/216896
> I'm wondering about the reason.

I do not know the exact reason. Maybe the transfer of the result from the
build machine back to hydra failed? In any case, we regularly have such
builds. I just restarted it. Often it then succeeds immediately (after
waiting through its queue, that is).

Andreas

* Re: succeeding job marked as failed
@ 2015-01-24 20:56   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-01-24 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: Guix-devel, Federico Beffa

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 04:59:31PM +0100, Federico Beffa wrote:
>> The following job, according to the log, appears to have succeeded. In
>> spite of this it is listed under failed jobs.
>> http://hydra.gnu.org/build/216896
>> I'm wondering about the reason.
>
> I do not know the exact reason. Maybe the transfer of the result from the
> build machine back to hydra failed? In any case, we regularly have such
> builds. I just restarted it. Often it then succeeds immediately (after
> waiting through its queue, that is).

Yes that’s a plausible explanation.

Ludo’.