* Release Guix 1.1.1?
@ 2020-05-21 21:06 Marius Bakke
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marius Bakke @ 2020-05-21 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix,

The installer has seen a few bugfixes since the 1.1.0 release, and
guix-install.sh has also had a face lift.  Not to mention the big
"core-updates" merge that broke everyones fonts, but also brought
goodies such as GNOME 3.34.

What do y'all think about targeting a 1.1.1 release a few weeks from
now?

Any milestones we should try to complete before an eventual release?

* Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
@ 2020-05-22  0:38 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2020-05-22  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:06:08PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Hello Guix,
>
> The installer has seen a few bugfixes since the 1.1.0 release, and
> guix-install.sh has also had a face lift.  Not to mention the big
> "core-updates" merge that broke everyones fonts, but also brought
> goodies such as GNOME 3.34.
>
> What do y'all think about targeting a 1.1.1 release a few weeks from
> now?
>
> Any milestones we should try to complete before an eventual release?

I'd like to see a fix for "alsa-lib cannot find its plugins" in the
release:

https://bugs.gnu.org/40832

* Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
@ 2020-05-22 17:45 ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2020-05-22 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Marius,

> What do y'all think about targeting a 1.1.1 release a few weeks from
> now?
>
> Any milestones we should try to complete before an eventual release?

This seems like a very good idea. It would be good if this release could
include:

* A new shepherd release fixing this bug[1].

* A Cuirass update allowing to download disk-images built on top of
  master[2].

I plan to work on the second point next week.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/40981.
[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2020-05/msg00001.html

* Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
@ 2020-05-24 21:24   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-05-24 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel, Marius Bakke

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:

Coming soon!  (See also <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41507>).

> * A Cuirass update allowing to download disk-images built on top of
>   master[2].

Yay!

Initially I was hoping to get support for authenticated channels in that
release¹, but I don’t know if it can be ready and well-tested on time.
We’ll see.

¹ https://issues.guix.gnu.org/22883

* Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
@ 2020-06-18 21:31 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-06-18 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke, guix-devel, Ludovic Courtès, Mathieu Othacehe,
	Leo Famulari

Dear,

On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 23:06, Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com> wrote:

> What do y'all think about targeting a 1.1.1 release a few weeks from
> now?

It could be really cool!
There is a couple of new nice features: "guix repl", Cuirass download,
introduction of authentication channels, etc.

What can be the way to help?  Prepare the ChangeLog, Check, etc.

> Any milestones we should try to complete before an eventual release?

 - What is the status of "alsa-lib cannot find its plugin"?
 - What is the status of the #40981 [1] about Shepherd?  Since 0.8.1 has
    been released and #41507 closed [2].
 - Are the authenticated channels all merged?  Since the old #22883 is
   closed [3] \o/.

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/40981#11
2: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41507
3: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/22883