From: Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org, Marius Bakke <mbakke@fastmail.com>
Subject: Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:51:21 +0200

Hey Ludo,

> I think we’ve pretty much reached all these milestones.  So we need to
> do some testing again of the installer, but at least we no longer have
> the excuse of adding one last feature.  So I guess we could seriously
> work on it.  Thoughts?

That's true, really nice we could achieve all those milestones!

Regarding the installer tests, the only worrying issue is the "Shepherd
deadlocks"[1]. I suspect it's more a Guile issue though
(https://issues.guix.gnu.org/42353) and not necessarily a show stopper
as it seems to occur rarely.

Anyway, targeting the 1.1.1 for early September seems like a nice idea
to me. I'll focus on fixing the tests and see if I can bring some
improvements to Cuirass in the meantime.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41948

  parent reply index