unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Circular dependency with geeqie
@ 2015-09-04 19:29 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-09-04 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

when adding the line
  #:use-module (gnu packages geeqie)
to photo.scm and trying
   guix build libraw
I get a bunch of errors of the form
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages aarddict)':
ERROR: no binding `lcms' in module (gnu packages ghostscript)
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages unrtf)':
ERROR: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
guix build: error: libraw: unknown package

Probably the culprit is the
  #:use-module ((gnu packages ghostscript)
                #:select (lcms))
in geeqie.scm, as discussed previously. Should this be changed to be a
#:prefix?

Andreas

* Re: Circular dependency with geeqie
@ 2015-09-05  9:54 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-09-05  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Andreas,

> when adding the line
>   #:use-module (gnu packages geeqie)
> to photo.scm and trying
>    guix build libraw
> I get a bunch of errors of the form
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages aarddict)':
> ERROR: no binding `lcms' in module (gnu packages ghostscript)
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages unrtf)':
> ERROR: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
> guix build: error: libraw: unknown package
>
> Probably the culprit is the
>   #:use-module ((gnu packages ghostscript)
>                 #:select (lcms))
> in geeqie.scm, as discussed previously. Should this be changed to be a
> #:prefix?

I noticed the same and removed the ‘#:select’ part to make it work for
me.  Why would a #:prefix be required?

~~ Ricardo

* Re: Circular dependency with geeqie
@ 2015-09-05 16:18   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-09-05 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 11:54:59AM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> I noticed the same and removed the ‘#:select’ part to make it work for
> me.  Why would a #:prefix be required?

Good question - I just thought the #:select was there for a reason, like
avoiding a clash of variable names. This does not seem to be the case;
I just followed your suggestion, and things work. I will commit this
modification.

Thanks!

Andreas