unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Jing Luo <jing@jing.rocks>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: status of (future of) Guix QA
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 14:34:31 +0900	[thread overview]

On 2023-12-27 05:41, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hi Luo Jing,
>
> On Tue, Dec 26 2023, Jing Luo wrote:
>
>> Here is a reminder that I offered my computing resources
>
> Unless folks here know you already, it might be helpful to tell the
> list
> more about what you do with that shiny and powerful equipment in your
> living room. It would be an honor to get to know you better!
>
> I have no position or authority in the project. I am merely a bystander
> trying to be helpful.

Yes, you are right. And the honor is mine.

I only recently (6 months ago) joined the cause of free software
movement. My roles in the GNU project: www.gnu.org Chinese (zh-cn) and
Japanese web translator, GNU webmaster. My account name on Savannah is
"jing", which is my given name.

> that shiny and powerful equipment in your living room.

I wouldn't say shiny, they are mostly second-hand or refurbished, but
they are working really well and stable. Much of the equipment was
purchased during the mining boom when I knew nothing about free
software. When the crypto collapsed, I realized how unethical it was,
and reused/repurposed the hardware for a homelab. Now I have more than
30 VM/LXC running, for my self-hosted services and the mirror site
repo.jing.rocks [1]. I loaned 1 LXC container to a friend of mine in BC,
Canada who does scientific calculation. As a side note, my apartment is