unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* release_1-9-12
@ 2010-09-09  5:42 rixed
From: rixed @ 2010-09-09  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

I tested it on the various hardware around and the only problem I
encountered was that on a busybox/ARM some Makefiles are relying on gnu
touch (using options -r and -t) which was not available under the name
"touch" but gtouch (installed separately from busybox). This could have
been simplier with a $(TOUCH) make variable. Idealy, configure should
have tried to find a suitable touch program but I don't think there is
already a macro for that.

Anyway, congrats for this release. As a user that's very pleasant that
guile seams to progress so fast these days.

* Re: release_1-9-12
@ 2010-09-09  9:45 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2010-09-09  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi!

rixed@happyleptic.org writes:

> I tested it on the various hardware around and the only problem I
> encountered was that on a busybox/ARM some Makefiles are relying on gnu
> touch (using options -r and -t) which was not available under the name
> "touch" but gtouch (installed separately from busybox).

I think the ‘touch -r’ invocations are no longer needed, not sure about
the others.  Andy?

> This could have been simplier with a $(TOUCH) make variable. Idealy,
> configure should have tried to find a suitable touch program but I
> don't think there is already a macro for that.

Yes, we could do something like that.

> Anyway, congrats for this release. As a user that's very pleasant that
> guile seams to progress so fast these days.

Thanks for the report & support!

Ludo’.

* Re: release_1-9-12
@ 2010-09-10  9:02   ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-09-10  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guile-user

Greets,

On Thu 09 Sep 2010 11:45, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> rixed@happyleptic.org writes:
>
>> I tested it on the various hardware around and the only problem I
>> encountered was that on a busybox/ARM some Makefiles are relying on gnu
>> touch (using options -r and -t) which was not available under the name
>> "touch" but gtouch (installed separately from busybox).
>
> I think the ‘touch -r’ invocations are no longer needed, not sure about
> the others.  Andy?

I have fixed the Makefile to not require `touch', I think. Thanks for
the report & suggestion :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/