unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* SCM_RECKLESS
@ 2002-06-29 10:05 Dirk Herrmann
From: Dirk Herrmann @ 2002-06-29 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

as with MEMOIZE_LOCALS, I also assume that all uses of the macro
SCM_RECKLESS can be safely removed:  Setting SCM_RECKLESS to true will
result in compiler errors.  Since noone has reported such errors yet, I
believe it is safe to assume that nobody uses that macro.  This means that
we can get rid of the macro and thus clean up the code by removing lots of
#ifdefs and avoid to maintain unused code in the future.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann

* Re: SCM_RECKLESS
       [not found] <Pine.GSO.4.05.10206291200410.11205-100000@sallust.ida.ing.tu-bs.de>
@ 2002-06-29 11:38 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2002-06-29 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, guile-user

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@sallust.ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> as with MEMOIZE_LOCALS, I also assume that all uses of the macro
> SCM_RECKLESS can be safely removed:  Setting SCM_RECKLESS to true will
> result in compiler errors.  Since noone has reported such errors yet, I
> believe it is safe to assume that nobody uses that macro.  This means that
> we can get rid of the macro and thus clean up the code by removing lots of
> #ifdefs and avoid to maintain unused code in the future.

Agreed.