unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Getting started web developpement with GNU Guile (with guile fibers) and BiwaScheme
@ 2017-05-06 18:47 Amirouche
       [not found] ` <CAPjoZod7PheAM23LpVd1=jBwLAmUSj=OzXiSBOdufhkxYkhPEw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Amirouche @ 2017-05-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user@gnu.org

I made a screencast explaining how I would start building a poll application
using by favorite tools of the moment.

There GNU Guile in the backend using the new guile-fibers to run the
http server
workers.

In the frontend I use BiwaScheme with snabbdom library for interacting
with the
browser.

BiwaScheme is a Scheme interpreter written in JavaScript.

Snabbdom is library that implement a diff+patch algorithm which allows
to declare
how the page will look and it make it happen. It also handles bindings
events to
callbacks. The use of snabbdom is bound to scheme and its use is
transparent.

The first video, I try to explain what tools I will use and sort of why.
It's not
very interesting https://youtu.be/i47QgE0ihSw

The second video, I tackle an issue in forward.scm, basically I am bug
hunting in
the browser: https://youtu.be/to8vdri82_E

The last is the most interesing, it restart where I left it in the
previous video
with basically a minimal frontend (so you might want to look at the 20
last minutes
of the second video). Anyway, then it goes on to allow the frontend
(client side)
to communicate with the backend (server side) using HTTP:
https://youtu.be/ePiHp1lgbas

The code can be found @ https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/azul

azul means "hello" in amazigh.

Happy hacking!