unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Getting started web developpement with GNU Guile (with guile fibers) and BiwaScheme
@ 2017-05-06 18:47 Amirouche
       [not found] ` <CAPjoZod7PheAM23LpVd1=jBwLAmUSj=OzXiSBOdufhkxYkhPEw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Amirouche @ 2017-05-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user@gnu.org

I made a screencast explaining how I would start building a poll application
using by favorite tools of the moment.

There GNU Guile in the backend using the new guile-fibers to run the
http server
workers.

In the frontend I use BiwaScheme with snabbdom library for interacting
with the
browser.

BiwaScheme is a Scheme interpreter written in JavaScript.

Snabbdom is library that implement a diff+patch algorithm which allows
to declare
how the page will look and it make it happen. It also handles bindings
events to
callbacks. The use of snabbdom is bound to scheme and its use is
transparent.

The first video, I try to explain what tools I will use and sort of why.
It's not
very interesting https://youtu.be/i47QgE0ihSw

The second video, I tackle an issue in forward.scm, basically I am bug
hunting in
the browser: https://youtu.be/to8vdri82_E

The last is the most interesing, it restart where I left it in the
previous video
with basically a minimal frontend (so you might want to look at the 20
last minutes
of the second video). Anyway, then it goes on to allow the frontend
(client side)
to communicate with the backend (server side) using HTTP:
https://youtu.be/ePiHp1lgbas

The code can be found @ https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/azul

azul means "hello" in amazigh.

Happy hacking!

~ amz3 ~ http://hyperdev.fr

* Re: Getting started web developpement with GNU Guile (with guile fibers) and BiwaScheme
       [not found] ` <CAPjoZod7PheAM23LpVd1=jBwLAmUSj=OzXiSBOdufhkxYkhPEw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-05-06 19:18   ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2017-05-06 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile User

Oh I'd love to see someone write web front-end with Scheme. Good job !

2017年5月7日 02:47,"Amirouche" <amirouche@hypermove.net>写道:

@ 2017-05-08 11:07 ` Amirouche
From: Amirouche @ 2017-05-08 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user@gnu.org

Here is a playlist for the screncast

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jCPpfzyfeqqEcioz71x5XvXnq9UABdK

@ 2017-05-08 12:53     ` Amirouche
From: Amirouche @ 2017-05-08 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nala Ginrut; +Cc: Guile User

Le 06/05/2017 à 21:18, Nala Ginrut a écrit :
> Oh I'd love to see someone write web front-end with Scheme. Good job !

I will see what new artanis will be out :)

Tx!

@ 2017-05-08 14:55       ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2017-05-08 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile User

I'm planning to add Scheme web front-end stuff to let Artanis do every web
thing in Scheme.
Is it too extremist ?  : -P
But nowadays we have WASM, JavaScript is not needed as the high level
language anymore.

2017年5月8日 20:53,"Amirouche" <amirouche@hypermove.net>写道:

@ 2017-05-10  4:09         ` Erik Edrosa
From: Erik Edrosa @ 2017-05-10  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nala Ginrut, Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile User

WASM is still pretty far off to be a full replacement of what JavaScript
currently does in the browser. It would be interesting to have a scheme
web front-end for Artanis, it will be like using Clojure for the
back-end and ClojureScript for the front-end.

@ 2017-05-10  4:15           ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2017-05-10  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Edrosa; +Cc: Guile User

Agreed!

2017年5月10日 12:09,"Erik Edrosa" <erik.edrosa@gmail.com>写道:

@ 2017-05-10 18:14             ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2017-05-10 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nala Ginrut; +Cc: Guile User

On 2017-05-10 06:15, Nala Ginrut wrote:
> Agreed!
>
> 2017年5月10日 12:09,"Erik Edrosa"
> <erik.edrosa@gmail.com>写道:

[...]

>> It would be interesting to have a
>> scheme
>> web front-end for Artanis, it will be like using Clojure for the
>> back-end and ClojureScript for the front-end.

That's what I am building afaiu.

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr