unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* What is the status of guile-gnome, or gtk\guile?
@ 2020-06-07  1:03 Dale Mellor
From: Dale Mellor @ 2020-06-07  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

As far as I can tell nothing has happened since 2017.  Has the project
died?

* Re: What is the status of guile-gnome, or gtk\guile?
@ 2020-06-07  8:39 ` Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-06-07  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Mellor; +Cc: guile-user

This is what I have been looking up just yesterday as well!

I remember some e-mails here on the Guile user list definitely later
than 2017. However, they also did not turn up on my search engine search
yesterday.

I also wonder, if there is a tutorial somewhere, which shows the basics
of using guile-gnome for making a GUI application. I'd love to use Guile
+ GTK3 for an application I want to write for a long time.

Regards,
Zelphir

@ 2020-06-07 10:57   ` Dale Mellor
From: Dale Mellor @ 2020-06-07 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zelphir Kaltstahl; +Cc: guile-user

On Sun, 2020-06-07 at 10:39 +0200, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
> This is what I have been looking up just yesterday as well!
>
> I remember some e-mails here on the Guile user list definitely later
> than 2017. However, they also did not turn up on my search engine search
> yesterday.
>
> I also wonder, if there is a tutorial somewhere, which shows the basics
> of using guile-gnome for making a GUI application. I'd love to use Guile
> + GTK3 for an application I want to write for a long time.

   I have since found out about two successor projects, unfortunately both
in very early stages of development: g-golf and guile-gi.  If you are
starting a new project, you most likely want to look at using one or other
of these, but you will have to be prepared to help that project to shake
out its bugs.

* Re: What is the status of guile-gnome, or gtk\guile?
@ 2020-06-07 11:34     ` Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-06-07 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Mellor; +Cc: guile-user

Ah right! Might have been guile-gi, what I read about on this mailing
list! Thanks for that pointer.