unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Dale Mellor <guile-qf1qmg@rdmp.org>
To: Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>
Cc: guile-user <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: What is the status of guile-gnome, or gtk\guile?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 11:57:42 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sun, 2020-06-07 at 10:39 +0200, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
> This is what I have been looking up just yesterday as well!
>
> I remember some e-mails here on the Guile user list definitely later
> than 2017. However, they also did not turn up on my search engine search
> yesterday.
>
> I also wonder, if there is a tutorial somewhere, which shows the basics
> of using guile-gnome for making a GUI application. I'd love to use Guile
> + GTK3 for an application I want to write for a long time.

   I have since found out about two successor projects, unfortunately both
in very early stages of development: g-golf and guile-gi.  If you are
starting a new project, you most likely want to look at using one or other
of these, but you will have to be prepared to help that project to shake
out its bugs.