unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Using scheme-memcached with Guile
@ 2017-07-27 18:10 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2017-07-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guix-devel

Hey,

I noticed recently that there is a scheme client for Memcached [1], I
was looking at how this can be used with Guile, with the intention of
packaging it for Guix.

I've figured one was of getting access through Guile, which is to run
Guile with -x .sls, e.g.

→ GUILE_LOAD_PATH="." guile -x .sls
GNU Guile 2.2.2
Copyright (C) 1995-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (memcached))
scheme@(guile-user)>

However, I also notice that there is a wrapper module for guile in the
repository, in the guile-pretty branch [2].

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about using and packaging
scheme-memcached with Guile?

Thanks,

Chris

1: https://github.com/ijp/scheme-memcached
2:
https://github.com/ijp/scheme-memcached/blob/209fd371a2a7b171cd5c6760dfc51a4796298b66/guile.scm

* Re: Using scheme-memcached with Guile
@ 2017-07-28 21:29 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-07-28 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-user

Hi,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> I noticed recently that there is a scheme client for Memcached [1], I
> was looking at how this can be used with Guile, with the intention of
> packaging it for Guix.

Ian Price can probably answer.  :-)

There’s also a memcached client in Andy’s Fibers, which might be of
interest:

  https://github.com/wingo/fibers/wiki/Manual#Memcached

HTH,
Ludo’.