* Stepping back up as a co-maintainer
@ 2019-10-16  5:41 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2019-10-16  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel, guile-user

Hello all,

In light of recent events, I've decided to step back up as a
co-maintainer of GNU Guile.

     Thanks,
       Mark

* Re: Stepping back up as a co-maintainer
@ 2019-10-16 13:38 ` sirgazil
From: sirgazil @ 2019-10-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guile-devel, guile-user

---- On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 00:41:00 -0500 Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> wrote ----

 > Hello all,
 >
 > In light of recent events, I've decided to step back up as a
 > co-maintainer of GNU Guile.
 >
 >  Thanks,
 >  Mark

\o/

---
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/

* Re: Stepping back up as a co-maintainer
@ 2019-10-16 18:28 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2019-10-16 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guile-user, guile-devel

* Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> [2019-10-16 01:42]:
> Hello all,
>
> In light of recent events, I've decided to step back up as a
> co-maintainer of GNU Guile.

I am welcoming it, thank you for stepping back up.

Jean

* Re: Stepping back up as a co-maintainer
@ 2019-10-17  9:27 ` zx spectrumgomas
From: zx spectrumgomas @ 2019-10-17  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a simple Guile user and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Mark H weaver are
saying half-thruth here
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2019-10/msg00021.html
because he has a very close friendship witch Richard Stallmam:
"I've known RMS for a long time. For a few years, I spent most of my time
two doors down from him at the MIT AI lab. I was the FSF staff sysadmin for
a while, and did sysadmin work on RMS's laptop. I was his preferred typist
when he shattered his elbow and helped him replace his bandages, etc."
http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guile/2014-08-09.log

I think the joint statement
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/ is the
true key factor of his return.

@ 2019-10-17 10:24   ` Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2019-10-17 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zx spectrumgomas; +Cc: guile-user, guile-devel

I think we should trust what Mark says and not second guess him.

Helping or being friend with someone is not among the worst crimes on my
list.

@ 2019-10-17 10:33     ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2019-10-17 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Djurfeldt; +Cc: zx spectrumgomas, guile-user, guile-devel

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:24:03PM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> I think we should trust what Mark says and not second guess him.

Definitely. I think this should count for *all*. Second-guessing anyone
in this difficult situation can only add more difficulties on top.

I think each of us should apply Hanlon's razor with much generosity.

Towards all people involved (that doesn't mean we should paper over
the obvious problems we have, mind you).

Cheers
-- tomás

* Re: Stepping back up as a co-maintainer
@ 2019-10-17 10:52     ` zx spectrumgomas
From: zx spectrumgomas @ 2019-10-17 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mikael; +Cc: Mark H Weaver, guile-user, guile-devel

Let's hope so. But in Spain we have a proverb: "Blanco y en botella,
leche". "White and bottle -> milk". Let's hope it doesn't come true.

@ 2019-10-17 11:21       ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2019-10-17 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zx spectrumgomas; +Cc: Mark H Weaver, guile-user, guile-devel

I'm afraid arguing by analogy or proverb rarely helps, because the analogy
is usually inaccurate in some way.

Also, what about Horchata? :-)

@ 2019-10-17 13:03       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-10-17 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomas; +Cc: spectrumgomas, guile-user, guile-devel

> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:33:33 +0200
> From: <tomas@tuxteam.de>
> Cc: zx spectrumgomas <spectrumgomas@gmail.com>, guile-user <guile-user@gnu.org>,
>  guile-devel <guile-devel@gnu.org>
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:24:03PM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> > I think we should trust what Mark says and not second guess him.
>
> Definitely. I think this should count for *all*. Second-guessing anyone
> in this difficult situation can only add more difficulties on top.

Agreed.