all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 28.2 on Windows XP 32-bit
@ 2022-10-23  2:48 Peter Wyatt
From: Peter Wyatt @ 2022-10-23  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

The FAQ says that emacs 28.2 will run on all versions of Windows from 98
onwards, including XP.  But when I try to run it on my Windows XP 32 bit
system I get the "not a valid Win32 application" error, both after
downloading and extracting the emacs-28.2.zip file, and then deleting
the extracted folder and downloading and running the installer.

I can run 27.2 after downloading and extracting the emacs-27.2-i686.zip
file, but I cannot find any i686 zip or installer files in the 28.2 or
28.1 download directories...?

Hoping this is just an oversight that can be sorted by providing 32-bit
downloads, if they're available...?

Cheers, Peter

---