all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How does command remapping actually work?
@ 2021-07-29  5:12 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2021-07-29  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I experimented a bit with command remapping, and it's great - but how
does it actually work?  I mean, apparently it doesn't change the keymap,
and it's not stored in its symbol plist, so where is the remapping info
actually stored?  IOW, what is changed when I evaluate things like

(define-key my-mode-map [remap kill-line] 'my-kill-line)

?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski