all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Wrong minimum emacs version in flymake.el
@ 2021-12-09 14:21 Guillaume Pasquet
From: Guillaume Pasquet @ 2021-12-09 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I've notice that flymake.el in master states that it requires minimum emacs
26.1, however this doesn't seem to be true as it makes use of the
`string-replace` function, which was introduced in Emacs 28 AFAIK.

Please either update the minimum emacs requirement for flymake or
substitute the `string-replace` call with `replace-regexp-in-string` to
maintain compatibility as I have done here:

https://github.com/Etenil/flymake/commit/9f5f76907b1c258645f65728dd71e7cacffe6d22

Best regards,

Guillaume

* Re: Wrong minimum emacs version in flymake.el
@ 2021-12-09 14:51 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-12-09 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Guillaume Pasquet wrote:

> I've notice that flymake.el in master states that it
> requires minimum emacs 26.1, however this doesn't seem to be
> true as it makes use of the `string-replace` function, which
> was introduced in Emacs 28 AFAIK.

So that's not automated ... then yeah, expect errors.

re: `string-replace' the on-line help says "Probably
introduced at or before Emacs version 28.1."

So you are probably right! :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: Wrong minimum emacs version in flymake.el
@ 2021-12-09 15:02 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-12-09 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Guillaume Pasquet <guillaume@bitimplosion.com>
> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 14:21:50 +0000
>
> I've notice that flymake.el in master states that it requires minimum emacs
> 26.1, however this doesn't seem to be true as it makes use of the
> `string-replace` function, which was introduced in Emacs 28 AFAIK.
>
> Please either update the minimum emacs requirement for flymake or
> substitute the `string-replace` call with `replace-regexp-in-string` to
> maintain compatibility as I have done here:

Done, thanks.