all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Дилян Палаузов" <Dilyan.Palauzov@aegee.org>
To: Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st>, Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
Cc: 68756@debbugs.gnu.org, 67667@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#68756: Uninstalling emacs does not remove Start Menu entries created during the installation
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:27:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Corwin,

before installing emacs-29.2.50_bug#58756-installer.exe I have installed emacs-29.2-installer.exe . The latter has created a Start Menu group emacs 29.2 with two icons - emacs and uninstall. After installing emacs-29.2.50_bug#58756-installer.exe it creates separate Start Menu directory 29.2.50. The Start menu Emacs 29.2/uninstall disappears. After clicking Start Menu/emacs 29.2.50/uninstall the entry Emacs 29.2/uninstall appears again, but it is now dysfunctional. Apart from this, uninstalling 29.2.50 does remove the Start Menu entries it has created. I cannot test if two different versions work during install/uninstall as expected, since I have no two different versions which are at the same time “fixed”.

Kind regards
  Дилян

На 11 февруари 2024 г. 22:56:17 UTC, Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> написа: