all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Foo.html.erb -- major mode
@ 2022-12-13 15:26 Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2022-12-13 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I assume that no one yet has written a major mode using Tree Sitter for Rail’s view files which combine HTML and erb (embedded ruby) but wanted to check.

Will there be a naming convention for such modes?  Currently I use the existing web-mode package for this task.  I think naming it erb-ts-mode will be a mistake since erb is always going to be mixed in with another “language”.  Perhaps html-erb-ts-mode ?

Also, I’ve bumped into the Info page about using Tree Sitter for multi language modes.  Is there an example of a mode that uses multiple languages that I can look at for ideas?

Last, since I’m relatively up to speed on Tree Sitter at this point, is there any glaring need for a Tree Sitter based mode for a particular language?

Thank you,
Perry