all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [ELPA] New Package: phpinspect.el
@ 2023-08-07 20:22 Hugo Thunnissen
From: Hugo Thunnissen @ 2023-08-07 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

Hi all,

I would like to propose my package, phpinspect.el, to be added to GNU Elpa.

PHPInspect is a minor mode that provides code intelligence for PHP in
Emacs. At its core is a PHP parser implemented in Emacs Lisp. PHPInspect
comes with backends for |completion-at-point|, |company-mode| and
|eldoc|. A backend for |xref| is planned to be implemented at a later
date. The main documentation can be found in the docstring of
phpinspect-mode and in README.md in the source repository.

I have done my best to bring much of the package's code under test with
ert and "fieldtest" the package by using it myself. There are some parts
of the code though that I think need to be tested in more environments
than mine to see how they hold up. For example: the package makes heavy
use of collaborative threads to parse and index code while emacs is
otherwise idling. I have done my best to make this as non-intrusive as
possible, but I'm not sure how the default behavior of the threads will
hold up for users on different (maybe less performant) systems from mine.

I have signed my copyright papers a year back, so I think the paperwork
is in order.

The elpa contribution process is all new to me and my code has mostly
only been read and written by me, so pointers and feedback on both
topics are very welcome :)

source repository: https://github.com/hugot/phpinspect.el.git

Kind regards,

Hugo