* master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12  9:51 Eivind Fonn
From: Eivind Fonn @ 2018-11-12  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

This commit seems to break the build on Windows, at
least our appveyor CI, see for example

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tarsius/libegit2/builds/20225833/job/uio10kqtx44kwf6w

The function maybe_disable_address_randomization
is declared with two different signatures, failing when
the void version is used because the return value is
assigned.

Eivind

* master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 11:38 Eivind Fonn
From: Eivind Fonn @ 2018-11-12 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tarsius/libegit2/builds/20227754/job/dlthdcmoe06iipfs#L486

The function maybe_disable_address_randomization
is declared with two different signatures, failing when
the void version is used because the return value is
assigned.

Eivind

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 13:34 ` martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2018-11-12 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eivind Fonn, emacs-devel

 > https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tarsius/libegit2/builds/20227754/job/dlthdcmoe06iipfs#L486

Unrelated to your problem, but this one is a mystery to me:

frame.c: In function 'Fx_parse_geometry':
frame.c:5204:20: warning: 'y' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
    int geometry, x, y;
                     ^

martin

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 13:38 ` Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2018-11-12 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eivind Fonn; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 12/11/2018 10:51 +0100, Eivind Fonn wrote:

> This commit seems to break the build on Windows
> least our appveyor CI, see for example
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tarsius/libegit2/builds/20225833/job/uio10kqtx44kwf6w
>
> The function maybe_disable_address_randomization
> is declared with two different signatures, failing when
> the void version is used because the return value is
> assigned.
>
> Eivind

On macOS it's also broken.

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 15:58   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-11-12 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martin rudalics; +Cc: evfonn, emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 14:34:24 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
>
> Unrelated to your problem, but this one is a mystery to me:
>
> frame.c: In function 'Fx_parse_geometry':
> frame.c:5204:20: warning: 'y' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>     int geometry, x, y;
>                      ^

Look at what XParseGeometry does, and it will cease being a mystery, I
think.

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 16:47 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2018-11-12 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eivind Fonn, emacs-devel

Eivind Fonn wrote:
> This commit seems to break the build on Windows, at
> least our appveyor CI, see for example

Sorry about that; I see that Sam Steingold already fixed it. Thanks, Sam.

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 18:54     ` martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2018-11-12 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: evfonn, emacs-devel

 > Look at what XParseGeometry does, and it will cease being a mystery, I
 > think.

Sorry, I'm too silly to see anything special.  Why 'y'?  Aren't 'x',
'width' and 'height' in the same boat?

martin

* Re: master c14eab2: Fix dumping on GNU/Linux ppc64le
@ 2018-11-12 19:57       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-11-12 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martin rudalics; +Cc: evfonn, emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:54:41 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
> CC: evfonn@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>  > Look at what XParseGeometry does, and it will cease being a mystery, I
>  > think.
>
> Sorry, I'm too silly to see anything special.  Why 'y'?  Aren't 'x',
> 'width' and 'height' in the same boat?

Who knows?  Compiler bugs are tricky that way.