* Emacs with X11 on Mac OS X
@ 2002-08-26 22:39 Thomas F. Burdick
From: Thomas F. Burdick @ 2002-08-26 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to get an Emacs with X11 support to run under Mac OS X
(10.1).  I got 20.7 and 21.2, which don't recognize the system type in
'configure', and tried feeding them a series of lies about what system
it was, to no avail.  So, I checked out the code in CVS this morning,
which makes it through 'configure', anyway, but dies during
'make bootstrap', with conflicting symbols in macterm.h and xterm.h.

So, does anyone have advice on how to proceed?  Have others built
Emacs with X11 support for OS X?  Should I be checking out a different
day's CVS?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I really do miss
having X11 support on this machine.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |