* CEDET Automated tests
@ 2019-10-13 21:53 Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2019-10-13 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

Hi all,

I have a patch that converts a bunch of the tests in test/manual/cedet
to be automated tests in test/lisp/cedet.  Of the tests left in manual,
I also fixed them so they run.

While I was there, I brought over some tests from CEDET on sourceforge,
or updated the tests from manual to the newer version.  Those tests are
all covered by old assignments.

The patch is pretty big due to moving files around.  What's the best way
to provide the patch?

Thanks
Eric

* Re: CEDET Automated tests
@ 2019-10-14  8:57 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2019-10-14  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Ludlam; +Cc: Emacs Development

    Eric> Hi all,
    Eric> I have a patch that converts a bunch of the tests in test/manual/cedet
    Eric> to be automated tests in test/lisp/cedet.  Of the tests left in
    Eric> manual, I also fixed them so they run.

    Eric> While I was there, I brought over some tests from CEDET on
    Eric> sourceforge, or updated the tests from manual to the newer version.
    Eric> Those tests are all covered by old assignments.

    Eric> The patch is pretty big due to moving files around.  What's the best
    Eric> way to provide the patch?

You mean if you want us to mercilessly criticise your placement of
commas? :-)

I donʼt remember offhand the size limits for this list, but you can
always stick it on a git branch under scratch/

Robert

* Re: CEDET Automated tests
@ 2019-10-15  8:01 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-10-15  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Ludlam; +Cc: Emacs Development

Eric Ludlam <eric@siege-engine.com> writes:

> I have a patch that converts a bunch of the tests in test/manual/cedet
> to be automated tests in test/lisp/cedet.  Of the tests left in
> manual, I also fixed them so they run.

Great!

> While I was there, I brought over some tests from CEDET on
> sourceforge, or updated the tests from manual to the newer version.
> Those tests are all covered by old assignments.
>
> The patch is pretty big due to moving files around.  What's the best
> way to provide the patch?

Perhaps just opening a bug report and posting it there?  I don't think
there's any size restrictions in the bug tracker.

But it the size mostly due to moving files around, does "git
format-patch" help?  It's supposed to have file moves as just a single
line, if I remember correctly.