* Who is in charge of GNU ELPA?
@ 2020-05-18  4:52 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-05-18  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Until a few days ago, I thought I was de facto in charge of GNU ELPA.

But recently it transpired that this is not the case: I was told that
I was not to add `s.el` to GNU ELPA.

So who is?

* Re: Who is in charge of GNU ELPA?
@ 2020-05-18 14:46 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-05-18 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 00:52:27 -0400
>
> Until a few days ago, I thought I was de facto in charge of GNU ELPA.

Not sure who you are asking, but from my POV, nothing's changed in
that regard.

> But recently it transpired that this is not the case: I was told that
> I was not to add `s.el` to GNU ELPA.

I wasn't aware that the dispute about s.el has ended, I still see
various proposals being made and discussed.  One of the proposals that
can be very relevant is to have two archives, or two separate parts in
ELPA, in which case s.el could be put into one of them with no changes
at all, AFAIU.

So I suggest to finish discussing those proposals, and I hope we will
be able to come to some sort of agreement about some MO that would
allow everyone to live with that.

* Re: Who is in charge of GNU ELPA?
@ 2020-05-18 16:41   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-05-18 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> Until a few days ago, I thought I was de facto in charge of GNU ELPA.
> Not sure who you are asking, but from my POV, nothing's changed in
> that regard.

From my POV it has, because having Richard come and undermine my efforts
without even understand what GNU ELPA is about has significantly dampened
my enthusiasm.

>> But recently it transpired that this is not the case: I was told that
>> I was not to add `s.el` to GNU ELPA.
>
> I wasn't aware that the dispute about s.el has ended, I still see
> various proposals being made and discussed.  One of the proposals that
> can be very relevant is to have two archives, or two separate parts in
> ELPA, in which case s.el could be put into one of them with no changes
> at all, AFAIU.

I mostly stopped following those threads: much too depressing.

> So I suggest to finish discussing those proposals, and I hope we will
> be able to come to some sort of agreement about some MO that would
> allow everyone to live with that.

Let me know when something's been decided.