* Re: [elpa] externals/cape 45fe322c99: cape-company-to-capf: Remove (t . cape--done) from unread-command-events (Fix #23)
       [not found] ` <20220115145717.E3D2BC0DA2E@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-01-15 15:44   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-01-15 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Daniel Mendler

> +           ;; XXX NOTE: For some reason Emacs sometimes converts
> +           ;; cape--done to (t . cape--done).

`unread-command-events` is pretty tricky/nasty to get right.
So I'm not sure if what you see is normal or is a bug.

This said, the docstring says:

    Events read from this list are not normally added to ‘this-command-keys’,
    as they will already have been added once as they were read for the first time.
    An element of the form (t . EVENT) forces EVENT to be added to that list.
    An element of the form (no-record . EVENT) means process EVENT, but do not
    record it in the keyboard macros, recent-keys, and the dribble file.

So it sounds like (t . cape--done) would be an error, given that I can't
think of a good reason why we'd want to add the pseudo-event `cape--done`
to `this-command-keys`.

So, if you can find a recipe to reproduce the problem, it would be good
to report it as a bug (see how it's used in async-style code with
a `sit-for` loop, I expect it'll be nasty to reproduce and even worse
to debug).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-15 15:44 UTC | newest]