* BNF Mode 0.4.3
@ 2020-01-20 18:09 Serghei
From: Serghei @ 2020-01-20 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs Developers; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

Hello,

I would like to update BNF Mode at the ELPA to 0.4.3 version.
There is a GitHub release[1], ChangeLog[2], diff[3] and package tarball[4].

Could someone help me with this task?

[1]: https://github.com/sergeyklay/bnf-mode/releases/tag/0.4.3
[2]: https://github.com/sergeyklay/bnf-mode/blob/0.4.3/NEWS
[3]: https://github.com/sergeyklay/bnf-mode/compare/0.4.2...0.4.3
[4]:
https://github.com/sergeyklay/bnf-mode/releases/download/0.4.3/bnf-mode-0.4.3.tar

--
Serghei

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: BNF Mode 0.4.3
@ 2020-01-20 18:41 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-01-20 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serghei; +Cc: GNU Emacs Developers

> I would like to update BNF Mode at the ELPA to 0.4.3 version.

I did `git merge bnf-mode/master` in elpa.git.
So that should take care of it.

I noticed that it wasn't a fast-forward, so apparently you have not `git
merge`d from the elpa.git branch, so maybe there are changes there
waiting for you to integrate them into your github branch.

* Re: BNF Mode 0.4.3
@ 2020-01-20 19:42   ` Serghei Iakovlev
From: Serghei Iakovlev @ 2020-01-20 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: GNU Emacs Developers

On 1/20/20 8:41 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I would like to update BNF Mode at the ELPA to 0.4.3 version.
>
> I did `git merge bnf-mode/master` in elpa.git.
> So that should take care of it.
>
> I noticed that it wasn't a fast-forward, so apparently you have not `git
> merge`d from the elpa.git branch, so maybe there are changes there
> waiting for you to integrate them into your github branch.

As far as I remember, there should not be such changes.  I'm sorry
for inconvenience with the release.  I still haven't developed a
suitable workflow to working GitHub paired with Savannah.  Frankly
speaking I would like to leave GitHub just as a mirror, but it seems
this is a separate and unrelated topic.

Well, are there any blocking problems for the release 0.4.3?  Can I
help with something?  I would like to note that if changes are
necessary, I would like to use a new version for doing this,
e.g. 0.4.4.

--
Serghei

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: BNF Mode 0.4.3
@ 2020-01-20 19:49     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-01-20 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serghei Iakovlev; +Cc: GNU Emacs Developers

> As far as I remember, there should not be such changes.

Indeed, it seems the `git diff` is empty, so it's just that Git doesn't
know that all elpa.git changes were merged into the github branch.

I think that if you `git merge elpa/externals/bnf-mode` it will fix this
cosmetic issue.

> I'm sorry for inconvenience with the release.

No inconvenience at all.  I just mentioned the "non fast forward" since
it can be a sign of missing sync.

> Well, are there any blocking problems for the release 0.4.3?

Not that I know.  The release is cut automatically by a job that runs
twice a day, so if all goes well it'll be out in a few hours.

> I would like to note that if changes are necessary, I would like to
> use a new version for doing this, e.g. 0.4.4.

No disagreement from my side ;-)