* Re: [elpa] externals/jarchive 2eb44fdf37: Add info to README about ELPA
       [not found] ` <20221113215745.B3209C00AB5@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-11-13 22:39   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-11-13 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dannyfreeman; +Cc: emacs-devel

>  ``` emacs-lisp
>  (require 'jarchive)

BTW, this was not changed in the above commit, but `require` should
basically never be needed in a user's init file.
And indeed if we look at the above sample in its entirety:

    ``` emacs-lisp
    (require 'jarchive)
    (with-eval-after-load "init"
      (jarchive-setup))
    ```

we see that `require` is not needed since `jarchive-setup`
is autoloaded.

I also fail to see why you need to wrap it in `(with-eval-after-load
"init" ...)`, especially since that will fail for the users who don't have an
`init.el` (those who use `early-init.el` or `~/.emacs` instead).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-11-13 22:39 UTC | newest]