* rcirc IRC implementation for Emacs
@ 2005-05-25 14:51 Karl Berry
From: Karl Berry @ 2005-05-25 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

An IRC implementation for Emacs has been offered to GNU:
  http://www.nongnu.org/rcirc

It seems reasonable enough, but none of the evaluators are IRC experts,
so we thought someone here might like to take a look and give an
opinion.  Nitpicking the code isn't necessary, just whether it is a
decent package that we should add to Emacs.  It is a single file,
rcirc.el.

The author (Ryan Yeske) looked into other IRC Emacs implementations and
had various reasons for writing a new one.  If anyone here is happily
using another IRC Emacs package, I'd be especially grateful for any
details and/or a comparison.

Please include me in any replies, as I'm not on the list.  Thanks.

karl