* Is this bug or valid elisp (use of apostrophe in toplevel forms in edebug.el)?
@ 2019-12-28  2:37 arthur miller
From: arthur miller @ 2019-12-28  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I am still playing with elisp, and I have found some places in edebug.el which I don’t
Really understand. Several top-level forms are quoted.

For example:
;; Not used.
'(defun edebug-two-window-p () …

;; Not used.
'(defmacro edebug-save-restriction (&rest body) …

'(defvar edebug-display-buffer-list nil …

Etc

There are several of those places. If this just a fancy way to comment out code or does
it do something I don’t understand yet?

I am thankkfull for help, I am not so super-comfortable with elisp. I have checked manual
about commenting and quoting and I don’t seem this quoting fits into it, but maybe it is
used by byte compiler in some way I don’t understand yet?