I am still playing with elisp, and I have found some places in edebug.el which I don’t Really understand. Several top-level forms are quoted. For example: ;; Not used. '(defun edebug-two-window-p () … ;; Not used. '(defmacro edebug-save-restriction (&rest body) … '(defvar edebug-display-buffer-list nil … Etc There are several of those places. If this just a fancy way to comment out code or does it do something I don’t understand yet? I am thankkfull for help, I am not so super-comfortable with elisp. I have checked manual about commenting and quoting and I don’t seem this quoting fits into it, but maybe it is used by byte compiler in some way I don’t understand yet?