* Fix description of a (melpa) package ?
@ 2020-05-30  4:57 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2020-05-30  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

I found a glitch in the description of the "hecules" hosted on Melpa when using list-packages.

I checked the github melpa site and the melpa org site but it's not clear how to propose a modification for the package description (specifically here, the listed "homepage" gives https://gitlab.com/jjzmajic/hercules when it should be https://gitlab.com/jjzmajic/hercules.el)

Can someone indicate the place where such descriptions are hosted ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com

* Re: Fix description of a (melpa) package ?
@ 2020-05-30  7:37 ` Vasilij Schneidermann
From: Vasilij Schneidermann @ 2020-05-30  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe Helary; +Cc: Emacs Devel

> Can someone indicate the place where such descriptions are hosted ?

MELPA derives the metadata both from a recipe file [1] and from the package
header [2].  In this case the package header appears to be at fault as it
mentions the wrong URL.  The flow for contributions to GitLab-hosted
repositories is signing up, forking the repository, creating a new branch and
commit fixing the issue, pushing it, then submitting a "Merge Request" for the
maintainer to review.  However I'd consider to just submit an issue or if you
cannot be bothered, sending them an email.

Vasilij

[1]: https://github.com/melpa/melpa/blob/master/recipes/hercules
[2]: https://gitlab.com/jjzmajic/hercules.el/-/blob/557da39878d0637395fdded91243b340c37eff7b/hercules.el#L5-10

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Fix description of a (melpa) package ?
@ 2020-05-30  7:41   ` Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2020-05-30  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vasilij Schneidermann; +Cc: Emacs Devel

> On May 30, 2020, at 16:37, Vasilij Schneidermann <mail@vasilij.de> wrote:
>
>> Can someone indicate the place where such descriptions are hosted ?
>
> MELPA derives the metadata both from a recipe file [1] and from the package
> header [2].  In this case the package header appears to be at fault as it
> mentions the wrong URL.

Thank you ! I did not know that package took its information from there.

That's very helpful.