* Re: feature/tree-sitter 88d54756d4 2/2: Check for outdated tree-sitter node when printing
       [not found] ` <20221103004915.21875C009EC@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-11-03  3:18   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-11-03  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Yuan Fu

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> +bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object obj)
> +{
> +  Lisp_Object lisp_parser = XTS_NODE (obj)->parser;
> +  return XTS_NODE (obj)->timestamp == XTS_PARSER (lisp_parser)->timestamp;
> +}

This should be:

bool
treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object object)
{

> +bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object obj);

This should read "extern bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object)".

BTW, does the modification to the style patch I asked you to test work?
You either didn't answer, or it fell into the spam bucket (but I looked
and found nothing there.)

Thanks.

* Re: feature/tree-sitter 88d54756d4 2/2: Check for outdated tree-sitter node when printing
@ 2022-11-03  3:51     ` Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2022-11-03  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> On Nov 2, 2022, at 8:18 PM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> +bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object obj)
>> +{
>> +  Lisp_Object lisp_parser = XTS_NODE (obj)->parser;
>> +  return XTS_NODE (obj)->timestamp == XTS_PARSER (lisp_parser)->timestamp;
>> +}
>
> This should be:
>
> bool
> treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object object)
> {
>
>> +bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object obj);
>
> This should read "extern bool treesit_node_uptodate_p (Lisp_Object)".

Cool, thanks. I’ll fix them.

> BTW, does the modification to the style patch I asked you to test work?
> You either didn't answer, or it fell into the spam bucket (but I looked
> and found nothing there.)

Ah yes, sorry. I though you are going to change your patch and forgot to follow up. Everything indeed works, except for the following

-  return Fmapconcat (intern_c_string ("treesit-pattern-expand"),
-		     query, build_pure_c_string (" "));
+  return Fmapconcat (Qtreesit_pattern_expand,

Which breaks a test. Why remove the space? Tree-sitter probably can parse it fine without the spaces, but the result is also viewed by users in some cases, where spaces are much appreciated.

Yuan

* Re: feature/tree-sitter 88d54756d4 2/2: Check for outdated tree-sitter node when printing
@ 2022-11-03  8:09       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-11-03  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuan Fu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> Cool, thanks. I’ll fix them.

Thanks.

> Ah yes, sorry. I though you are going to change your patch and forgot
> to follow up. Everything indeed works, except for the following
>
> -  return Fmapconcat (intern_c_string ("treesit-pattern-expand"),
> -		     query, build_pure_c_string (" "));
> +  return Fmapconcat (Qtreesit_pattern_expand,
>
> Which breaks a test. Why remove the space? Tree-sitter probably can
> parse it fine without the spaces, but the result is also viewed by
> users in some cases, where spaces are much appreciated.

That was a typo; I just tried to get rid of the extra call to
intern_c_string.

So if you're fine with the patch (once I fix the typos), I'll install
it.  Is that okay?

* Re: feature/tree-sitter 88d54756d4 2/2: Check for outdated tree-sitter node when printing
@ 2022-11-03  9:33         ` Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2022-11-03  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> On Nov 3, 2022, at 1:09 AM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Cool, thanks. I’ll fix them.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Ah yes, sorry. I though you are going to change your patch and forgot
>> to follow up. Everything indeed works, except for the following
>>
>> -  return Fmapconcat (intern_c_string ("treesit-pattern-expand"),
>> -		     query, build_pure_c_string (" "));
>> +  return Fmapconcat (Qtreesit_pattern_expand,
>>
>> Which breaks a test. Why remove the space? Tree-sitter probably can
>> parse it fine without the spaces, but the result is also viewed by
>> users in some cases, where spaces are much appreciated.
>
> That was a typo; I just tried to get rid of the extra call to
> intern_c_string.
>
> So if you're fine with the patch (once I fix the typos), I'll install
> it.  Is that okay?

Yeah, feel free to do so, and thanks for your work again.

Yuan