* Re: Re: gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/efaq/Fullscreen-mode-on-MS_002dWindows.html
@ 2023-04-09  6:40 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-04-09  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: public

On 2023-04-08 09:23, David Hedlund wrote:

> On 2023-04-08 09:20, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 06:37:38 +0200
>>> From: David Hedlund<public@beloved.name>

>>> All of it, see the attached file in this email.
>> ??? These variables and functions work in any GUI environment that
>> Emacs supports, including GNU/Linux, any platform that runs X, macOS,
>> etc.  So I don't quite understand why you say this is
>> Windows-specific.  What did I miss?
>
>> It can only be used to "avoid the slightly distracting visual effect
>> of Emacs starting with its default frame size and then growing to
>> fullscreen" in Windows. But NOT in GNU/Linux.
>>
>You can use it in GNU/Linux, but it is totally useless to avoid the
>slightly distracting visual effect, so it serves not point. Therefore,
>it's Windows-specific.

One of the things that distract me is the phrasing. It might be a
'slightly distracting visual effect' for some people, but for others not.
I think a technical manual should not enter this realm and a more neutral
phrasing
might help.

Having said this, it would be nice to explain how to minimise the number of
times
the Emacs window changes size at startup for as many environments as
possible
and have this Windows-specific point as a footnote.

My .2 cents, /PA
--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet